Friday, November 20, 2015

And ....

Little Marie turned 47 today.  I hope she had a wonderful day and is having a wonderful life.  I was attending College at S of O the day she was born.  Someone called (Momma?) and when I got to the dorm I had a note saying she was here, what she weighed, and the exact time she entered this world..  She was born about 8 to 8:30 in the morning.  I want to find the note and scan it in to show the Sisters.  I keep things.

I was thinking today about kids needing an advocate, a voice.  So many don't have anyone to stand for them.  Think how scary their lives are.  They are at the mercy of society.  Often the attention they get comes from the wrong place and wrong people.

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
  — Matthew 18:1-5

No comments: