Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blooms or Worms

 I am thinking a couple of years (time has slowed for me and events have all run together) back I talked Larry into climbing over a wire fence and digging up a Red Bud Tree for me.  They don't bloom when they are small but the last two years mine has matured to this!  Isn't it lovely.  The blooms don't last long so I need to stare at it each day.  Some joys in our life are like that.  The Red Bud is pretty for a couple of weeks and Larry has to maneuver around it all summer mowing.
 This morning when I went to admire my little tree I was reminded that I have no Martins.  Hopefully they will come but so far I have seen nary a one.  Larry said we probably need to  clean out all the houses.  Oh, such a chore, as they are high in the sky on poles and timbers.  I like the Red Bud in this picture showing the fog lifting from the pond this morning but if the Martins were hovering around the house on the pole it would be even more beautiful.  My Martins eat all the mosquitoes.  They are so graceful and soar high never sinking to the lowly earth.  Even to get a drink of water, they fly and dip to the pond for a quick sip and then sail away looking for another bug to eat.
Larry has a tree.  Well, two of them.  We gave them names of Wayne and Arnold--the men who gave the starts to Larry.  His trees do not have blooms, but I know he enjoys looking and and seeing them maturing and last year they did have the fishing worms on them.  Yes, he wanted his tree for the worms and I wanted mine for the purple blast that lasts only a while.  His worms are on the trees only until they eat all the leaves.  They don't kill the tree as the leaves return.

I am saying this to say we are all different.  Some folks value worms and some blooms.  The Lord gave us both.  Praised be His name!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

If there are any sprigs of new red buds I want one for my yard.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the last thought on today's post. It set my mind thinking. (As my dad would
say...."You've been sinning again." :) Isn't it amazing how we each value different things.
I have a red bud that is a baby from my older tree. I love them! I always enjoy the
bees buzzing in the trees. They definitely come to life when that happens. Such beauty on
God's earth. ~Amy