Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Light Up My Life

 Astrid took a Mason jar and made a lamp for her new dresser.  It was not an old jar but one Larry had bought Arkansas honey in for me.  He and Astrid had to cut a hole in the jar.  Astrid brought a mayonnaise jar and they tried it first.  It burst!  So she came in the house from the shop and I gave her the Mason jar.  Tada!  Laura said, "my Daddy can do anything".  He said the secret was letting the drill work without putting any pressure on the jar.  Astrid took the jar home and dyed it and then baked it.  I sure think it turned out nice....but most of what Astrid does turns out that way.
 Ingrid and Pop are still driving most afternoons.  She told her Momma, "oh, I love it!".  Pop said he takes her where there is not much traffic and last time the utility workers were there working.  He said it gave him a few jitters, but all turned out well and gave her good experience of going around cars and trucks.
Larry is putting a door on the extra bedroom by the laundry room.  I was going to paint it with paint we had left from the bathroom cabinets and I thought the white looked so good that maybe it should be white.  I asked the "expert" and she said "yes, it needs to be white.  Larry tore the trim off that came with the door and he will make pretty trim and stain and finish it.  He cut about a half inch off the bottom of the door so I can leave it closed and the air still will work great.  I married such a smart man.

Fleta, glad you are home safely.  I have been walking and feel so much better.  I have lost about 5 pounds, but you and I know I need to take off 20.  I was wondering...not to be too nosey...but I guess I am...how many pounds have you lost.  I thought that might be my goal to lose the number that you have lost!  So, you have to tell on your Blog how many pounds lighter are you.  Erin said for every 5 pounds I lose it takes 20 pounds of weight off my knees.  I am doing two things.  Trying to eat smaller proportions and praying.  Praying for help seems to be working!  I did eat a tomato sandwich for lunch as I am getting a few tomatoes.  Oh, it was so good.

Helen,  did you get a thank you for cleaning up the Aday house?

No comments: