Sunday, July 5, 2015

Once the hare..

but now I am the tortoise!
 One day a week, I am trying to walk 4 miles.  Most days only 2 miles, but 3 miles one or two days.  Well, Saturday was pretty cool. It rained in the night. I thought I might walk 4.  Laura called and offered to pick me up, but knowing I AM a tortoise I declined and it was a good thing.  It was cool but so humid.  It took me an hour and 40 minutes to complete the 4 miles, but I made it.  Today, I looked forward to walking only 2!

Fireworks was rained out here.  We can sit and Galla Meadow and watch fire works all around us.  There are several expensive home areas in our neighborhood and they always have nice fire works.  I never wanted to spend any money on stuff that went up in smoke.  Larry took the girls a few times and bought some fire works, but I never did.

When I walked my four miles, I received a treat at the end of my labor.  I watched this albino squirrel there in the park.  The photo was taken with my cell phone so it is not very good, but you can certainly see he is white as snow!

No comments: