Saturday, June 8, 2013

Garden Workaholic

 The white seat is my garden chair.  I picked the english peas and pulled the vines as I did. I only did half the row and will do the other half tomorrow.  Things keep better in the garden if you are only trying to preserve them a few days.  I have several cabbages left. I made cole slaw and it was so watery. I looked on line and it said you have to chop it with a knife.  I did this last time and it was really better.  You are supposed to use mayo to not miracle whip.

 You can see where I have pulled the pea vines as I picked.

 Above is my straight neck squash.  Some have died Larry said I should have told him as he knows what to do.  I planted some crook neck and it is hardier.

What is this Helen?  I have never grown these before.  Patsy will know what it is, but Fleta and Helen may not as Dad never planted it that I can remember.

 I put pyrethian on my green beans because I have had a varmint.  I think it is Peter Rabbit.  He did not eat any after I doctored them.  Larry bought me some Seven to put on them.  This was not deer as Tie and Spud bark at night when the deer try to come and steal food.  This was a sneaky hare I do believe.

 Above is my pumpkins and below you can see the Kentucky Pole beans have found the fence.
 Looking across the garden.

 Above is the z squash I can't spell that z squash...always have trouble with it.
 I recycle the pea vines.  Everybody is happy.

I have hurt my foot.  Did not want to say anything after going on to Helen about RICE  as I don't do what I say. I guess I did it wearing those Muck shoes to mow the yard.  I push mow around in the back close to the house while Larry mows acres with the Bad Boy. Could hardly walk and have taped my toes together.  Dr. Laura reminded me to take an anti inflammatory and that has really helped.  I got out these shoes Laura bought me once.  they are bigger.  They work better as I just want to slip the shoes on and go. You need a shoe like this or the Muck ones to do stuff in the garden early as tennis shoes will get really nasty. I have a huge bunion on that foot.  I have a problem with my joints, but I do not dwell on it.  Life is good.


1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

Betty, Carrotts...Kris tries to grow them...Oh Betty...Rest that foot..LOL