Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Not A Modern Woman!

 I am not a modern type person.  I don't see someone with a new hair do and want it.  I just want my hair not to lay on my head like a cap.  Larry's Mom could give me a perm and cut my hair so I looked descent.  She died in 1998 and since then I have found no one who could do jack squat with my hair.  Helen has good hair, but Patsy, Fleta and I have what I call kitten hair.  That is the way it feels.  I think mine is worse than theirs.  Our bad hair comes from Momma and mine is the same color as hers.  It used to be blond but now is the color of a mouse!

Well, I decided to try Wal Mart for a perm.  I could tell when the lady had it rolled up that she knew what she was doing.  The rollers sort of pull your scalp.  They are tight.  The paper covers the end of the hair to protect it.  Well, my hair is curled more like Ethel did it.  So I thought I would take a picture in the mirror like Helen does.  But I forget and put the camera in front of my face.  I can laugh at myself and did.  I took the next one with the camera down some.  Well, when I looked at the picture I thought--"oh, crap, Helen is going to see that nasty mirror so I cut it out of the photo, but decided to just show you how it looked, Helen so you could groan!

I have enough clothes to last the rest of my life.  I don't even want new stuff.  When you don't work all you need for winter is 3 pair of 'loose' jeans with elastic in the waist.  They need to be a size too big.  I wore out 3 pair last winter so I bought 3 new ones on sale.  I buy a 16!  I should probably wear 12, but I like loose and I want to dry them in the dryer without thinking they are tight afterward.

I have had this red striped shirt about 4 years.   It got a hole in it but I stitched it up with white thread.  I think it would be hard to be beautiful so the Lord blessed me with being plain.  Being plain makes it easy not to worry about what you look like too much!  When I pass, I want my girls to just pick something out of the closet to put on me.  I have funeral clothes, get award clothes, cheery clothes.  The only clothes I wear out are 'work' clothes!

I am going to Kroger to buy groceries for the week.   It is beautiful weather here.  My garden sure is growing.  Larry's corn is too!

Have a great day, Clayton...maybe he will skim to the bottom and read that!  I have a garden chair and will take a photo to show you!


2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

you could put 3 people, your size, in those pants

patsy said...

dad called him preacher trig. they lived below Farwell. I really don't know his real name. years ago he would go out and get drunk and come home and beat his wife . one night she waited until he passed out and beat him half to death with a stick of stove wood. broke his arm among other things. when he woke up he said why must have been in a terrible fight last night. she told him no, I did that and next time I will kill you. he stopped coming home drunk. the York girl was Floyds girl friend after he got out of the service. Floyd had that blue ford he had for years, 1948 I think. any way Floyd was driving around over by Berryville and meet Canteral, Floyd turned around and went pass Canteral to see if Bonnie was in the car. Canteral passed Floyd and shot thro' Floyd's car. that was the last of Floyd and Bonnie . grandpa said leave her alone and Floyd did. that was the last girl friend Floyd had until he married Lovetta.