Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tomatoes Last Year and This Year

 Above is last year's tomatoes and below this years.  I like the black fabric.  I don't think the deer want to get on it.  Both photos were taken in June but I think the tomatoes last year were earlier.  That week of real cool weather we had put everything behind.  I had not set out my tomatoes and did the next week.  One container of them were sick.  Most of those died, but I have several that look good.  I was able to put soaker hose to all my tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, green beans and okra.  The soaker hose does not put out as much water.  The drip one would run the well dry in less than an hour...last year, but I have watered for 2 hours with the soakers and the well was still ok.  I have a bunch of salsa peppers.  I talked Larry into tasting one as I was afraid it was real hot, but he said it was not and I tasted one.  They remind you of the type that would go into tomato salsa, but just not hot.  The lady at the nursery said they were nice and they really are.  We have gotten two light rains.  I do hope Hannah Aday does a rain dance again today because yesterday her dance sent the rain all the way to us!


No comments: