Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gigi & Siggie's Big Adventure

 After we got home from Clayton's party, Sigrid came over to play with our 5 pups.  They are a month old.  They are friendly and better pups when socialized and she does a great job.  We put this blanket on the porch and  she played with all five.  We put them up and were coming back to the house and I noticed Cora barking at the table.  Well, there was a big black snake on the table.  It was all curled around this hanging tree we keep on the table.  We put nail clippers, scissors, and other stuff on it.  Cora I guess saw it on the porch and it went here escape her.  I got the hoe and told Sigrid to go get Pop.  The snake went down and got inside Pop's new folding chair I bought him for his birthday.  Larry came out and decided maybe he would just get his gun and shoot the snake.  When he opened the patio door it tried to go in the house, but that was his big mistake as when the snake came down to the porch, Cora grabbed it and started slinging it everywhere.  Snake blood even went up to the ceiling of the porch.  Pop and I were trying to get out of Cora's path.  This is the first snake Cora has killed for us.   I did not get a photo of her slinging it but had one of her father killing a snake a few weeks ago and I have added it.  Cora was there when Tie killed his snake and I guess she learned from him.  I am not afraid of black snakes but I sure don't want one in my house or on my table!



1 comment: