Sunday, June 2, 2013

Looking Forward!

Things to be thankful for about the past!  I can still visit the 'home place' where I was raised.  I can even stay overnight if I want.  I can still dial my Momma's number and someone will answer!  Well, maybe if he has added caller ID, he will just let it ring!

But I am looking forward!  I have not worked in a year and each month the checks come anyway.  The Lord is sending rain for the garden.  The chickens are laying eggs and this morning we had bacon, eggs, and toast.  (Did not want to heat the house with biscuit cooking).  Soon I will be a year older!  But hey, before long I will get the 'government insurance'.  Laura invited me to go to the trail with her and Astrid.  I walked two miles while Astrid ran over four and Laura over three.  But there we were 3 generations of strong women trying to stay that way!

I love my brothers and sisters and I am thankful for each of you.  Sorry brother had to quit the beer business!  But he can busy himself by sitting in that chair or plowing with that tiller I saw in the photo.  I love my family!  I am thankful Larry likes to garden and eat vegetables.  Proud that Erin and Laura put up with their parents and given us those great grand kids to make us want to live a little longer!
Did you notice those hills in the background of this photo?
Psalm 121
I will lift my eyes to the hills
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

No comments: