Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Meant To Mislead You!

 I have been carefully cropping the grass out of my garden photos...but decided to bare my soul today and let you really see how it looks.  I am working to rid myself of this sin! lol  Other misconception that you may have is that I am a great gardener!  Someone else is the brains behind the garden.  I am just a simpler hoer!  I have to ask daily questions about what I need to do for this bug or that yellow plant.  He has all the answers to my questions.  Knows what fertilizer goes on each plant.

We may have corn by weekend.  One thing this country girl can do is tell when the corn is ready.  You just feel the ear to see if it is full.  Also, the ear will stick out from the corn stock asking you to check to see if it is ready.
 I got buckets of grass out today and gave it to the chickens.  When I give them greens I get double the number of eggs.

 We are going to dig our potatoes...so this morn I pulled the vines.  These were just the ones attached to the potato vines.  Larry will dig them with the tractor.

 My onions are making heads!  I have never had onions make heads.  Below you see the Texas Navy beans that that Peter Rabbit and his family were living off of.  Larry has shot about 18 rabbits in the last two weeks and we still see them.  I blamed the deer for this but now I believe it was Flopsy and Mopsy and all the rest!
 My Kentucky Wonder Pole beans are blooming and maybe we will have green beans in about a week to 10 days.

 My okra is coming on but not blooming yet.  You can see my soaker hose.
 Pumpkins and Georgia Jets are going to town.  I water the garden every night from 6:30 to after 9:00.

 I am getting peppers.  Last night I fried onions, peppers and new potatoes. It was yummy.  My tomatoes are big and turning white.  Probably 10 days until I will have a few ripe.  Below is Larry's pea patch.

This is a weed growing in Larry's disk.  He used the disk in the spring and left it by the garden.  The weed is so pretty.

 Watermelons blooming.  We are not watering them.  Sure hope it rains.
 Tie alerting us to this snapping turtle weeks ago.  He is now garden art!

 Larry will have to take this hiller off and put the plow on the Kubota so we can dig the potatoes.  I may just video it!

No comments: