Monday, June 10, 2013

New Blooms & Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy Dead!

 The white Lily was given to me at church last Easter.  It lives and blooms!  Below are what I always called Tiger Lilies.  In the fall or early next spring I want to fill one of my flower beds with them.  They are all along the fence. Ethel planted them.

I am not McGregor and Larry is not Elmer Fudd.  But Flopys, Mopsy and Peter Cottontail will not be eating my green beans.  We are on the hunt for rabbits every evening.  I never dreamed they could eat a half row of green bean in one meal.  They also ate a watermelon that just came up and we had to replant.  Tie and Spud are keeping the deer at bay.   When I hear barking about 3 in the morning, I know they are turning to invade the Meadow, but so far the boys have kept watch and sent them done the road to Mr. Rose's garden.  He put up a fence and last week he told Larry they were jumping into his patch!





3 comments:

patsy said...

looks fat. did you clean him for the table?

Sister--Helen said...

I thought the same as Pat, he is so big!

Galla Creek said...

Don't eat rabbits in summer only winter! Disease!