Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday, Monday or Questions for Patsy!

 I used to hate Monday, but now it is one of my favorite days!  Patsy you can see I dumped a bag of Larry cow manure on the pink rose.  Should I try to bury parts of these runners below to help it spread or just leave it be.  I guess we always mowed it down as it is going to town.  I sort of think it is just a wild rose Ethel dug up.  You can see the runners below.


 Above is the squash bloom I showed the other day...already making a z. squash.  Below is the succulent a tractor lady gave me when Larry went to check out a farm all cub.  It blooms a purple bloom if I remember.

 Above is Fleta's garden--the mint is growing.  She gave me something else I planted beside it that died but I am leaving that blank as I think the mint will spread.  Below is a Lily that I am sure someone sent when Ethel died.  I moved it when I moved here.  It bloomed last year about the time she passed--June 8th, but this year it is later because we have had nicer weather!

 Above wanted to show you that I do have apples.  I have two Fuju trees. Below is an old plow we bought in 1982 to make a garden.  Larry laid off the rows with this plow and finally the handles rotted from sitting out.   He had a tiller and this and a hoe.  The corn was awesome as we got rain in 1982!

 Below you can see where I have Patsy's cow bell. Last year I hung the bird feeders here. It was a bare spot. I cellar that feel in was here until Larry dug it out and smoothed it with his back hoe.  Well you can see we do not have a bare spot now...due to the bird sh..t.  So I got the idea to try and fix these other spots.  Larry's sister's husband had a pit bull dog in the back yard.  No one went in the back yard and the back yard was full of holes, a total mess.  Larry worked on the yard and now it is smooth.  They also had a chain link fence that ran up to the middle of the back of the house---ugly. We took it down and he used the materials to make two small pens that we use.  Anyhow, we hope to finally get grass to grow over the bare spots.  Her husband tried to fix the holes that were near the fence line by putting dry cement in them!  What a mess we had.

 Patsy, I planted this in Grandma Gaddy's garden...do you think those growths will fall off and make a plant like the big one.
 I filled the bird feeders.  I leave them empty some...I want the birds to appreciate me as the sunflower seeds cost a lot.
 Surely I will have some red potatoes!
 I am going to put these Tiger Lilies in the garden around the third tree.  Can't show you as we have not built the outside yet...or Larry has not.  I don't mind as I will not dig these up until fall or spring.  They are thick near my fence where Ethel planted them.   Also I figured out that she planted yellow iris in one place and purple in another.  So I know to get yellow from the yellow spot and purple from the other one.
Finally the hens and chickens in my Grandma Gaddy garden are multiplying.  I hope to finally get them growing out of each opening.


1 comment:

patsy said...

throw a little dirt on runners