Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Got My First Birthday Present

This was last June about this same time.  We skipped decoration this year as the road would have been a muddy mess.  But I may go later and put some flowers or just go.  I don't care about putting out flowers but I enjoy this decoration as lots of folks come and I can get genealogy info.

The light over my sink in 'this old house' has not worked in about a year and a half.  I told Larry that is what I wanted for my birthday--the light fixed.  He had to go get a new fixture and when he took the light down...it looked like a fire had occurred.  About a half cup of black suet fell out.  The wiring in this house has no grounds.  Anyhow he fixed it and it is the best present.  I don't see well and now I can see if I am cleaning my new potatoes or washing a pot in my sink.  I can also see how dirty the sink is.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

I love that "This old house"