Monday, February 13, 2017

Doves At My Feeders

 The Mourning Doves have been coming everyday.  True to their name they always make me a little sad when I see them.  They will sit on the high line wires but they eat from the ground.  They clean up seed below my feeders that the other birds have dropped.  This dove is named mourning because of it woeful cooing.  They sang a sad tune.  A dove represents peace and I can see why when I watch them.  They are gentle in nature, perhaps we could say..."humble and kind".

The Mourning Dove
A poor man's offering
That the Lord accepts with love!

 Leviticus 5:7
But if he cannot afford a lamb, then he shall bring to the LORD his guilt offering for that in which he has sinned, two turtledoves or two young pigeons, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.
Larry finished the last Farm All puzzle.  He is working on Deere John's now.  Only a few more and then we will have to look for more...unless warm weather comes for good.   Then labor  will turn to other things

No comments: