Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What is going on

Story of my life.
Clayton came...he ate and slept.
I tried to take his picture, but
my camera was on iso--whatever that is--
pictures not very good.

I stumbled over the ottoman and
broke my toe. It hurts. I have it taped
to the one next to it. My foot swells.
Sisters, I walk just like Mama...if you
wonder. I ice soaked it and tried to
take Ib...profin...well whatever it is.
That made my stomache act up. And i have
also been sick with the stomache trouble I
have. I like to think I got my stomache
problem from Grandpa Powell. Dad thought he
was such a great man...maybe I inherited it
from him.

The DNA test is half off until Sept. 30. I
called Fleta and told her to check it out.
I want to have Clayton (my brother)Powell's
DNA sent to the Powell site. Anyway...none
of Charles Powell's ancestors are on there.

So I have tried not to gripe about my toe.
I am still walking every other day. It does
not hurt as bad with my shoe on. I am not
taking the IB..whatever because I would rather
have a little pain than throw up all day and
night.

I enjoy Patsy's blog. She gets out on the
net and finds new people to visit...I follow
around where she goes and read a little. Judy
lived on Doctor's Fork in KY and now that will
mean something to the Sisters, well, except
Helen, she will not know where Judy is or will
not care about Dr.'s Fork.

I hope it is a good week...I have one more at
home and then back to school Aug. 11. I am
hoping for that 4 day week Patsy was talking
about.

I am trying a new thing for breakfast...steal
cut oats. I had heard about them but looked
and they were out of my budget. At Kroger last
week, they had about 10 boxes marked half off
so I bought all of them...they are great. Like
eating little rocks. Well, I hope they are
making me healthy!

6 comments:

patsy said...

they will make your bowls move .

patsy said...

or is that bowel any way you will go poo-poo.

patsy said...

ISO (International Standards Organization) is an indicator for the sensitivity of the sensor. The higher the ISO = the more sensitive = the more light that the sensor receives. The lower the ISO = the lower the sensitivity = the less light it receives over the same period of time.

Lower ISOs are ideal in normal conditions because the images produced are less noisy (or "grainy"). Higher ISOs are useful when light is scarce and when stabilizing the camera is not possible so that enough light can reach the sensor in a shorter period of time which reduces the possibilty of unintentional blurring.
so some where you need to set the ISO everytime you use it according to the light.

Erin said...

that's where you set your own shutter speed.. manual

Favorite Daughter said...

little rocks doesn't sound so good.

Judy said...

You and Patsy are so funny! I am sorry about your toe. The baby is so cute. I loved the poem about the rooster you put on Patsy's blog. When I lived on the Fork I broke every bone in my foot. I was in the hospital for 13 days and in a cast for months. Fell off the porch and was not even drunk! I have 10 screws and a plate in my left foot!