Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trying to NOT Worry!

I know we should try not to just sit and
worry about anything. But that is easier
said than done.

I am glad I am able to walk my miles each
day. That helps me focus on life and put
worrying stuff on the shelf. I can not
do anything big about our economy problems,
but I try not to add to them. I have tried
not to waste food or gas since the price of
both have gone so high.

I will not waste gas this weekend, but we are
going to see Clayton. Highway 7 is untravelable.
But Larry is going to take me by Hagarville, AR
and I am excited to see his face. Erin will go
back to work this Friday...I think that is the
date. Clayton's other Grandma will help watch
him if Greg is working. Greg is very capbable of
caring for Clayton. Erin has had no electricity
since the storm Sat. night. Last evening she still
had no power. I told her she was lucky it is so
cool. That is the worst thing about no power...
being either hot or cold.

Helen, I have saved for retirement and maybe it
will all be wiped out with the banks, but I will
try not to worry...as it will not help. I have
to meet Astrid and Ingrid at the bus stop today
at 4:00 and keep them until Eric gets home. That
will be my big worry today...don't be late at
the bus stop. Be ready to make them smile and
be glad to see Gigi is there instead of Pop. They
love Pop and will probably ask the question 'where
is Poppa?' not glad you are here to get us, Gigi.

Laura told them at work that she wanted her old
job back. She did not get home until later and
had to get to work earlier. She did not mind
'being in charge'...as she can handle that. She
did mind not being with the 3 angels as much and
hated the thought of working through the summer.
I told her 'money is not the most important thing,
your family should be first'. Also, it is easier
to give up a big salary before you get used to it.

So that is how life is here...we are just pushing
on toward our goal of making it until tomorrow and
doing the best we can today. All is well. We have
clothes, food, a car to drive and a half a tank of
gas. We can make another day.

Another good thing is having something to read. I
am reading about the life of Marie Theresa Charlotte.
I found a book about a German from Nebraska who served
in the Union Army during the civil war...Marching with
the First Nebraska. They served in Arkansas, Missouri,
etc. It is a first hand account. I am going to read it
next.

I am going in a few minutes to walk my 3 and a half miles.
The air is cool and clean. I am able to move and enjoy
breathing. I hope all my Sisters are well. Patsy is still
a beacon for me. She helps keep me going. Helen, I get my
news from Patsy's blog. It is suffient for me. I hope Fleta
had a good visit with her kin and is up and going again. I
hope Clayton and Gilbert are healthy. I hope Helen can
stand what the pain that has been sent her way. Bless each
of you today. All is right with my soul.

No comments: