Friday, February 27, 2009

Debbie Powell Looking for Charles--not ours!


Patsy and Helen today you can search for
Charles Powell for Debbie...this is what she
sent...go look! Here is her plea--
Hi,
I am researching my Powell family in North Carolina.
Below is what I have so far. The two William Thomas
Powells might have been Thomas William Powell Jr and Sr.
I have found my earliest Charles Powell in the 1800 census
of Hillsborough (Orange/Chatham County), NC. Sometimes
he is listed in a census as Powel with one l. This is
as far back as I have been able to trace the line.
I have not been able to determine the parents of
Charles Powell or whether they lived in North Carolina,
Virginia or ? I would appreciate any leads you might
be able to provide.

Thanks,
Debbie Powell

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

you know honestly some days I am not as sharp as other days....this one just kind of made my head hurt...the only Debby Powell I knew was really Deborah Lee powell...Named by my sweet Sister Patsy..This other person will just have to find her own Debby...If she was as well thought of as our Deborah she could just google her name and find poems about her, her birthdate, her grave and how much her family loved her... I miss my dear sweet sister and I hope to see her soon...God then her...she ranks pretty high to me...I can not bring her bach I do have to be good enough in deed, spirit, and faith to follow her...No doubt in my mind she is with our savior...Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God..