Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Guineas

I have a small group of kids at school that I meet with everyday. I am a part parent to them. I am supposed to check on their grades, behavior, etc. and try to keep them moving forward. Teachers over the school hand out boo boo slips when these kids get in trouble and I get them. In turn, my job is to try to help them fix their behaviors etc. When the child gets 4, I send them to the asst. principal for a punishment. One young man has gotten 4. Each time he gets a demerit he argues about not deserving it or denies the behavior completely. I have counseled him on keeping his mouth shut when someone gets on to him. When he mouths to me, I say 'zip it' and he does. Other teachers argue back! The thing grows like Momma's yeast rolls and he gets a boo boo slip. On 3 and 4 boo boos, I am to call the parent. I called on 3 and got a machine and told the machine all about what was going on. Well, the next day he got number 4 and I called and got Dad. Dad spent about 10 minutes arguing with me about all these teachers not calling him when his son got a boo boo slip. I finally told him that I did not know the answer to his question, but I would be sending his son to the office for his punishment and I closed my conversation by saying....I now understand why your son argues with his teachers!

No comments: