Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November Here

The Persimmon tree has lots of fruit.

I told Erin this morning that I had not been walking as I should.  Too cold, and I guess the flu shot made me sick.  Erin said for me to set a punishment for myself if I did not walk.  Of course, I asked what that might be and she said--cleaning your house!   Wow, who would go that far--not me.

Laura's school had a water main break yesterday and they got out early.  I think a teacher went out there with a big pick ax and did it!  Halloween is punishment for teachers.  Clayton's teacher stayed home sick.  She is highly intelligent.  I asked Erin where she took her kids trick or treating.  I should have guessed it.  She went to the thing down town early and then to two nursing homes that sit side by side.  She loves seeing the elderly sitting by their doors with their candy.  She says it is the best place to go on Halloween!

Erin shared the picture below of her sister--once again a witch.  The ghost I think is her cousin, Lewis Allen!

Helen was already home by 8 this morning.  We talked a while.  She washes a load of clothes and picks up the house for Fleta.   I wondered what would be in the load.  Well, they don't reuse towels.  Oh, dear, I always made my girls use the towel almost a week.  I said until you can smell it!  I was such a lazy Momma.  Then, by the time they were 13, they had to keep their towel and wash it.  My girls turned out pretty good so I guess it was okay.  With Erin making her take a bath was a huge chore and believe or not getting her to eat what I cooked.  She could have lived on peanut butter sandwiches!

Girls need fathers to feel secure but they emulate their mothers.  Hope their children turn out great like mine did.  Larry was always consistent in making them behave, but totally loving.   I remember how he watched the news and they had to be quiet. He did not like running in the house.

Today I am very thankful that the Lord blessed me in my life.  So glad he did not do what I often prayed for!   His way is best.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

What was it that you often prayed for? :)