Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Half Over

January is half gone and I am glad.  Maybe February will bring some spring like days.

It was 8 degrees when I got up this morning.  Erin said it was 2 at Harrison.

Clayton and Greta went to school today.  There is a new state program some school are enjoying.  Packets are sent home with children and they do the work at home when school is out for emergency reasons.  The day does not have to been made up at the end of the year.  I am not sure how many "packet" days a school can use but at least two.  The school also has an online site parents where can pull the work.   Make up days are wasted days so I think this is a nice alternative.

Dardanelle Schools had no power today so Laura is at home.  She is shopping for a new refrig.  The one she has is not very old but has torn up several times.  Sometimes it doesn't work and then just decides to get back to business.  So she is shopping for a new one today.

Greta was reading a book about Helen Keller this morning and would not get ready for school.  Her Dad tried to get her going and she told him that he should not yell at her.  She has a little sassiness about her!  Erin said they went to the Harrison High basketball games last night.  Erin enjoys watching basketball.  Greta enjoys the concession stand!  Sometimes Greg and Clayton stay home.  I am not sure if they went last night or not.

My devotional today was about what one should do when those we love have troubles or hardships.  We should be available was the advice.   Be available remembering one has two ears and one vocal outlet knowing the Lord is in control.  I want to be available today!

I have a ham bone and think I will cook a pot of pinto beans today.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be warmer.   Guess Fleta went to work at 4:30 and arrived safely.  I sure hope all is well down that Douglas Road!

As I sit here, I hear a bird chirping outside.  I think he is wanting to cheer me up or thanking me for the food in my backyard feeder.  I will fill those up anew today!  I am available!

This Social Security payday for both Larry and I.  We were supposed to get a little raise.  My check was 3.00 more and Larry's a dollar less.  So much for the Trump raise!  I guess Medicare went up and the raises were "eaten" up.

No comments: