Saturday, July 7, 2018

The King

 Went down to the chicken pen and saw the King.  I had a nice king snake there before but he got in Queen Opal's pen and the king bit the dust.  Glad to have another King.  They kill poison snakes and eat mice that try to eat up the chicken feed.  They don't bother the eggs.  The King is a good snake to have.  We love the Queen too!  I can't believe she is almost 15 and was born right here in Galla Creek!
Greta can climb and she can crash!  Looks like Erin is letting them enjoy Saturday with her and Greg!  Sure looks like fun.


My blogger friend Margie has sleep problems I do also.  I think Donna--another blogger friend who was a blogger friend of my Old Sister--does not sleep very late in the morning.  Up by 5 is usual or even 3 or 4.  Last night I slept from 9 at night until 4:30 this morning.  I feel so good today--almost 8 hours of rest.  Old Sister could sleep night and day when she got past 70.  She and I don't have the same genes!  She got the sleep gene.  If you have gone a few nights with only 3 or 4 or even 5 hours of sleep, you get more and more tired.  I thought this morning--"a good night's sleep sure is a blessing".  I think Fleta and Helen are like me and didn't get Pat's easy sleep gene!

Cardinals are ahead 3 to zip in the 6th inning.  It is a good day.  Logan was putting tile in one of the bathrooms in the Galla house.  Laura was painting a bedroom and Astrid was working on the cabinets.  I admired all their labor and left quickly.  Everything is coming together.  For sure Astrid needs to be set up in the  house by the time she starts to Tech this fall.  She will be busy running with Tom Aspel and studying.   Logan will be attending plumbing school on Monday nights!  Time marches on and I am occupying a chair most days.

Cooler today.   Thank you, Lord!

No comments: