Monday, January 14, 2019

Granny and Her Friend

 This top photo is Granny, Ada Esther Standridge Renfroe and her friend, Annie Lucille Blakley.  Granny told me who the friend was, but I did not write down the name.  Now, 25 years later, I could not recall who she said it was.  Well, I had given Erin a copy and she wrote down the friend's name.  She even went home and looked up the name for me.  Erin's memory is better than mine.  She said maybe her first name was Lucy!  Close, while I had not idea.  Annie Lucille Blakely lived near Nogo and married Hobert McCuin and moved to Stockton, CA.  She married Hobert in 1932.  Granny married Grandpa Fines Renfroe in 1931.  Maybe Hobert and Grandpa were friends.  The bottom picture is of Granny and her Sister Ethel Hester Standridge Tilley.  She was two years older than Granny, but always shorter, even when they were 6 and 8 years old.  They lived together for about 15 years after their husbands died.  They were great friends not just sisters.  A friend is a wonderful thing to have, but a Sister Friend is even greater!  I know.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

My parents marries in ‘32.

Margie's Musings said...

I think mine did too, Donna! 1932.