Sunday, October 4, 2020

Coon Visiting

 Phinnie starting barking at dawn so I got up early.  A coon was trying to have breakfast at my bird feeders.  Phinnie put him up up the big Oak tree and kept him there until we went to walk.  Mr. Coon made his escape while we were away.  Cora is old and naps most of the day.  Phinnie was surely upset that she did not “keep” watch while he was away.  


This young man with Astrid (Photo from long ago) was murdered this weekend.  He was in my class in sixth grade.  I recall a kid with character.  He was a student at the University of Arkansas.  Someone tried to rob his roommate and their house.  The roommate came home and Chase tried to stop the robbery.  He was shot and died.  I can still see in my mind where he sat in my classroom.  His life is over and it seems so sad.  

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is sad, seems there is sad news all over the country and more crime than ever:(

Winnie said...

So very sad😢