Sunday, October 8, 2023

Fog Walking

Today I walked in the fog!  Fog reminds me that all of life is not black and white.

The temperature was below 50.  I loved it.  I’m tired of sweating.
Yesterday, I mowed in the late afternoon.  It’s probably the last mowing for grass.  I’ll have to mulch leaves later.   Logan fixed my push mower.  He’d gotten blades but the size I needed was not available.  He cut a half inch off the end of the blades.  He used a grinder to trim them.  Glad to have my push mower again.  I use it on my lane.  It’s about an 1/8 of a mile and mowing the sides with the push mower is great exercise.  I can mow some with the Kubota but I’m afraid of mowing on a slant and most of it is at an angle.  It’s bunch of trips pushing to do it all.  I don’t know why I love keeping outside so cleaned up but hate cleaning house!
I carried my snippers and bushwhacked a trail through the woods by Galla Lake.  I will have a new route for fall and winter.  I can’t walk in the woods in summer and spring because of all the ticks and chiggers.

 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty walk! We don't own a push mower anymore, sometimes I wish we had one to take to the cemeteries.

Galla Creek said...

I love having a push mover. I have a weed whacker too.