Wednesday, March 12, 2014

For the Birds

 I finally got to the store and bought sunflower seeds.  They cost a lot but that is not why I ran out. I was too lazy to go get them.  I am part ground hog.  When it gets cold, I just hibernate.   I have no desire to go anywhere.  Mostly, I sit and wish it would be warmer.  When it gets real hot, I sit and wish it was cooler! Never satisfied!

 The doves were one of Dad's favorite birds.  They eat the seeds the other birds drop.  You will never see them on a feeder.  The Red birds will eat off the ground and from the feeders.  The Blue Jays will too.  I like the Jays.  They are related to the Cardinals.

 I think this may be what is called a sap sucker.  I want it to be a woodpecker, but I don't think that is what this is.  This is a young one.  The roosters are bigger and have red on their heads.

No comments: