Monday, March 10, 2014

Running To Dry Creek

I remember when I was young, I would run to dry creek and back to our house.  I always felt so fat because Fleta was a skinny rail.  Well, I was fat.  So sometimes I would run all the way there and back to the house.  The house was grey stucco.  All my growing up years it was ugly gray with some of the wire Dad put on the house to hold the cement showing in places.  Our house looked so pretty after he finally put the white wash or white paint on it. I also remember once Dad white washed the trees up about 5 feet.  I don't know why he did this unless he thought it was attractive?  Looks like Dry Creek is not dry today.  It would be fun to walk there and back!

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

I remember running to the creek also...and I always jumped across the ditch for the pond run off. Remember it used to be pretty good sized... no more...