Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gardening With a Cub

 Larry lays off the rows in the garden with a Farmall Cub.  They are little tractors that old men like.  They were used by tobacco farmers and folks who had what you call a truck patch.  You see that chair in the sunshine...that was my post.  Larry takes care of all the tractors.  He took this yellow one apart and repainted all of it.
 This red Cub I think is a '57 model.  Larry has sold it to a man from Springdale.  The Cub is offset so you can see where you are cultivating if that makes sense.  I think Larry has about 12 Cub tractors.  Some are junkers, but you can take parts from those and use on others.  The red one had a wheel rusted out when he got it from the shed.  I would have just told the guy but Larry pulled that wheel and got an old one he had, repainted it to match the tractor.  He went to town to get a tire shop to fix the tire on the wheel.  No one would do it so he came home and mounted it himself.   I am going to go see if it is still holding air this morning.

I am glad Larry likes to do stuff.  He is not one to just sit around.  Especially if the weather is nice he will be out doing something.  He does not enjoy doing stuff for other folks.  He would rather be messing with his own.  I would rather sit in the sun like I did yesterday.  It was almost 80.  I like it when he running around doing things like fixing the tire, etc.   then he does not know I have been sitting in the chair in the sunshine!!

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

I thought the red headed bird (mostly white and black) was also a wood pecker...But I have very little knowledge on such things...Love siggy is getting a special day...Noticed even tho Pop was not coming for lunch she still did not want you to come LOL...The old tractors are neat...but give me a brand new one any day...Kids are off to school... today is late start...I am doing laundry