Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New

Larry has this almost new Kubota and also a almost new Massey tractor.  He also has a Kubota backhoe.  These are all things we use and need because we have land.  I recall Richard telling me how he and Daddy had cut all the spouts of a piece of Dad's farm.  They planted something I think or maybe just so the grass would grow for the cows.  Well, there were huge trees where they had cleared.  Nature will take over before you know it.  Clean a fence row and within 2 years it is grown up and overrun again.  Farmers work is never done!

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I wonder if it was the bottom Pat would know

Galla Creek said...

It was on the hill above the walnut grove...all the way to the road. this is sort of a hillside and I think they planted tomatoes here once and sold them to the canning factory or something. Patsy remembered it.