Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our Pond

This is the pond in our meadow. We
had it dug in 1983. I kept telling
the dozer guy to dig it deeper; I noticed
he was shaking his head and he asked if
I was sure I wanted it that deep. Well, it
leaked...as he dug into the shale which I
guess he knew it as you can see shale. Larry
put left over sheet rock in the bottom of
it when it was empty and that helped stop
up the leaks. It is a good pond now. But
I hate those willow trees around the edge
and wish Larry would hook them to the big
Ford tractor and pull 'em up.

4 comments:

patsy said...

is there fish in it?

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta is sleeping in her own bed today on our daddy's safe home place...all is good tonight.....None of us can find more peace than on the home place.... she will sleep good... God belss our special tough Sister.. But I love you Betty Jean...you have always been a good sister to me.

Sister--Helen said...

leave the pond it is beautiful....let the fields grow up and shelter the birds, rabbits and those beautiful deer....nothing would give me more pleasure that to sit on a swing and a deer would come to my side to let me pet him and lay down by me in calmness.....They are beautiful creatures....I loved the one Daddy had..share the garden...Larry has a big field and plenty of big tractors.. and seed is cheap...God will provide for you...

Galla Creek said...

I am glad they are home.