Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Snake Dog



I remember growing up we had a dog we called
Old Ring. She was a snaker. She killed all
the snakes she found. I have a dog in the
house. She will be 11 in Aug. She is the last
dog I plan to keep inside. Belle Starr is a
snaker. Last week, she killed a Spread Adder
(what we call them) and today she killed little
Copperhead by my walk. She grabs the snake and
shakes and slings it. She did this to the Adder
until his guts were out...

The little Copperhead bite her and hung on to
her lip but she got him. Now she is sick so
I have fan blowing on her. She has a fat lip.
I hope it has gone down tomorrow. I feel guilty
for I siced her on the snake.

4 comments:

dot said...

Oh she sounds like a good dog. I hope she will be ok. I don't know if my dog even knows what a snake looks like.
Thanks for you comment about Annie. Hopefully she will show up again soon.

Patty said...

Poor little thing, hope she feels better soon. My husband keeps wanting to get another dog, I don't want one or a cat. Although you can leave a cat for a few days as long as you have plenty of water and food out. But I just don't want the tending to another house dog. At almost 72 and 74 we don't need that. Thanks for your visit. I hope Helen keeps improving, her last photo she looked really good.

patsy said...

sorry about the dog but better her than grand girls.

Favorite Daughter said...

If I find a snake, it's time to move.