Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bessie

Bessie Atchley was my first and fourth grade teacher. Her maiden name was Minick and she was directly related to Aunt Lovetta. My second grade teacher was Mrs. Condley. She could play the piano. My third grade teacher was Eula Darby. My fifth was Alice Widner and sixth grade was George Wheeler. I think he was from Marshall, AR. Geneva Waterman was Bessie's sister and she was school librarian. I don't even remember where the library was located. Fleta had the photo of Mrs. Atchley at her site. It was taken at Boyd School in 1915.

1 comment:

patsy said...

the libraby i remember was in the old high school building. the cafetra, the gym the agri building and the high school were on the left as you went down from the square. the JR. high was on the right side of the street and grade school was over on tyson street. grade school is still over there i think.