Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Get Set

Today, I rested my knee. I signed up for my Social Security. Only 6 more weeks of labor.
Up top is a Catawba tree, a squirrel hunter from GA gave us. The first year I kept it in a flower pot...set it out last spring. Looking good.
This is a Red Bud tree I dug up over the fence. It may bloom next year.
Larry has put water right next to my chicken pen. Great convenience. What more could anyone want. I lift a lid to get eggs and now have water at my chicken pen.
Above is what I DO NOT like about Banties and below a hen is taking a bath.

This is one of my pretty red hens the nurse at school gave me. I have 5 of them. Below is the Lambs Ear Fleta gave me. I may have to move it to a more sunny spot.
This is Honeysuckle and I wish you could have smelled it today.

This is a wild white rose.
And a wild pink one.
Here is my garden with the grass growing in it. Luckily it was to wet to work in today.

3 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I remember how good it felt to be counting the weeks until retirement, but the truth is that actually BEING retired feels even better. I'm happy for you!

Betty said...

At first, retirement just felt like a nice, long vacation. Then, I realized the vacation wasn't going to end. And, I loved it.

I do love honeysuckle. It brings back many very happy childhood memories.

Sister--Helen said...

Great pictures betty....love seeing all