Monday, January 6, 2014

First Grade

Fleta posted her first grade photo.  She was only 5.  Here is mine, but I am 6.  I think this dress was a medium green color.  And I wonder who cut my hair as my bangs are straight.  It is really cold today, but I have a warm house and am thankful that Fleta and I do not have to roam the hill for dead wood for the stove and we do not have to haul water from the old cave.  The water would be frozen.  So I guess we would really have to be careful with the water we used.  Sometimes one thinks--O woe to me, but if one pauses just a moment we realize that things for many are so much worse.  In a few days, it will be warmer.  I saw Clayton did not go to school.  Don't know about Hannah and Robert.  My sweet Laura bought me homemade cinnamon rolls--warm from her oven--to have with my coffee.  I am pretty happy today.  Grandpa Renfroe would always say on a cold day--"it is colder than a well driller's ass", but I am snug and thankful.  Larry put good hay in the dog houses for our sweet Feists and none are out checking the temperature today.  Come on spring!

No comments: