Monday, August 24, 2020

Another School Year Begins

 Every year Laura makes cinnamon rolls to kick off the first day of school.  She brought me one and they were delicious still, but this year feels so different.  I think it’s sort of like sending them all off to war and the enemy is invisible.  

I always buy some new things for the school starters.  Sig picked new shoes and Ingie chose the holes pants.  She looks so cute in them.  She only has one class that she actually goes to.  All the others are online.  Astrid said she’d wait on a new outfit and my Harrison kids haven’t gotten anything from me.  I told Erin that maybe they needed new shoes.   Greta may get new hearing aides.  I think she was 3 when she got these.  $5,000 dollar hit.  Probably more now.  I may help with those.

Ingie’s holey jeans and Sigrid’s new shoes.
I mowed some of the yard yesterday.  Lots of dust and grass blowing everywhere.  Pop is gone and everything has changed.  So glad to have my little Ada Mae.  She is a soothing comfort.  My back still is so painful.  I cut down one of Larry’s back braces and am wearing it.  I took the ibuprofen for a week and didn’t think I should take it longer.  I will try to be more careful unloading 50 pound sacks from now on.  

Sadness is covering me today like a dirty, stinky blanket and I feel smothered. 


No comments: