Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Growing Up On A Farm

Just finished this true book about 5 farm families.  What they all had in common was a struggle to survive.  All my Dad ever wanted to be was a farmer.  We strived  just to have enough to eat until 1962 when he took a job at Eldridge Feed Mill in Green Forest!  Even before ‘62, he helped build Table Rock and Beaver Dams and worked at Turney Wood Products in Harrison to supplement the farm income which was usually in the red!  He saw the end of an era.  Today a farmer has to go “big” to live just on the farm income!  I enjoyed this book and if you were raised on a farm I think you would too!  God bless the farmers💚

Ingrid started her “hands on” learning today.  She’s at Baptist Hospital in our state capitol.  I hope she has a good first day.  One day she hopes to save lives working for a cancer treatment center!

 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Best of Luck to Ingrid! Glad you enjoyed the book, I did to and it was great to meet the Author online.

Donna. W said...

This was timely. Cliff was reading a book he wasn't crazy about, not five minutes before I read your blog. I told him about it and he got rid of the other book and downloaded Haymakers. I'll probably end up reading it too.