Friday, September 22, 2023

Campbell and Claiborne Counties


Today we visited two counties and copied a lot of records.  We have not found any new important facts but have loved seeing the land and meeting people.  One young archivist stated he had an ancestral line of one of the surnames we named.  Later that evening I checked my dna file and he and I matched a small amount of cm’s and we connect to the same ancestor born in 1757!

Our excitement today was Sister’s car keys went kaput!  The one she had me carry was dead as a door nail and the other one barely had any juice left.  We found a Chevy dealer early and they fixed us up.  Sister says everyone one feels sorry for us as we are two OLD ladies. 
One more day of exploring then we head home Saturday morning.
 

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Oh 1757 and did you invite him to your home? I hope you didn’t invite him to your sisters home

Far Side of Fifty said...

A long not lost relative!