Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Tuesday

Last evening, Eric and Laura cooked hamburgers and onion rings for Astrid and Logan. They worked in the heat all day. They put the roof on the donkey pole barn. The siding was the wrong color of red. Not what they ordered. The sides will wait til the exchange is made. I was invited to eat. Laura made the onion rings homemade. They were really delicious. Eric’s grilled burgers are always good. I was happy to be included.

Softly the evening came with the sunset.  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The waterline is done plus the roof. Astrid has worked so much in the heat that she has a heat rash. But she kept helping. Today she left before 7 pulling the trailer to return the digger. Then she came back and left for work by 7:30.

Siggie has been in town today. I was pleased she came by and stayed the afternoon with me. She’s doing her homework now.

Laura sent watermelon rind to my little flock. They had a hen party.


In honor of Dolly Parton, Laura and I made Ada a Dolly dress. Well, Laura made the dress andI crocheted the color. The skirt is made from scraps like Dolly’s coat was. I sure hope the children don’t laugh at Ada like they did Dolly.



 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a clever dress! I absolutely love onion rings. The sunset photos are gorgeous.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty collar on the dress, I like the dress and I bet Ada will love it! The hamburgers and onion rings sound good to me, I am so tired of rice, bananas, toast and apples.