This is from FB. Too picture is 2nd grade I think.
Laura was due August 31. My Mother decided that she needed to come and see me that day. She, my Dad, and Debbie Lee came. By the time they arrived down that winding mountain road I was in labor. Daddy drove a little Datsun truck. Really only room for three to ride. Gilbert didn’t come I don’t think. He would have had to ride in the back. He would have done that, but I bet he stayed with Patsy. My Dad was a nerve wreck. He wanted me to go to the hospital right then. Larry worked til noon, and I went to St. Mary’s in the afternoon. Dad went too. He paced the floor. Laura was born after midnight, so it was September 1. Momma said her Dad’s birthday was September 2. They stayed over night and went home the next day. Laura was little, under 7 pounds. I’d waited for her all summer and was glad to have her with us finally. I took off work 6 weeks but had to go back in October. She stayed with Helen Potts. The picture if four generations—Ada, Ethel, Larry and Laura I remember I made the shirt Larry has on.
ππTop is what Amy made for Laura and below what Laura made for Amy ππ
Laura’s friend Amy has a birthday tomorrow. Look what they gifted each other. Great minds think alike.





No comments:
Post a Comment