Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday

I still have Spider lilies blooming. View from above shows why they are called spiders.
Siggie dressed up for fifties day in 9th grade. I remember wanting a skirt like this so badly. Being poor and from a family of 8, I knew not to even mention wanting something that was frivolous or expensive. Laura was smart about dress up clothes. This skirt was probably used by all three girls.

I walked to Pop’s Pond this morning. It sure needs fresh water. Scum and weeds are thick. Still enjoyed sitting and listening awhile. In the quiet, they’re many sounds. I could hear a train moving down the track and birds chirping. Logan had all the surrounding grass mowed. Are we living in a desert? Our mornings are nice but by after it really hot.

Ada’s tooth gaps are filling in. She gets a treat at the volleyball games if Erin has money. I think Erin said the slushie freeze was 5$ or 6$. Ada loves them. Sometimes she goes to get it alone. She’s getting big.

Greta’s team won their game. Homecoming dance is this weekend. Hope she has a good safe time.


Asti sent this last night showing the elk grazing in Estes Park. The animals are not afraid. Even the chipmunks act like pets. I think they start home tomorrow 👏👏
Video of Logan and the Chipmunks 


2 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, that chipmunk is tame! I love the poodle skirt; it's a classic and looks great on her.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those chipmunks like tourists! What a pretty photo of the Elk. I love that poodle skirt...I wanted one too but my Mom sewed all my clothing..and that skirt was store bought. i think all foods and drinks are too expensive at Sports events.