Thursday, October 1, 2026

Thursday October 1

Kay and I tried Nana’s at Opello. We found the town easily but drove around awhile looking for the restaurant. She had a cheeseburger and I had fried catfish. The Cole slaw and French fries with my fish were not good, but the fish and hush puppies were what I was craving. The fish wasn’t over salty. Kay had dessert. She carried cheesecake home for later. I passed. We had a nice afternoon.

Then I went to the nursing home to see my 96 year old friend. She’s not long for this world. She was asleep, but her son and daughter were there so they know I came to see Mary.


Cliffhouse Palace, Mesa Verde, home to the Pueblo people was what A and L saw yesterday. I would have enjoyed seeing this.


I finished Boat Baby. Vicky left Vietnam when she was 8 months old. I enjoyed her memoir. It’s hard to imagine how some people suffer. 

I requested the book Connie read about the homesteaders in Colorado. (The Diary of Mattie Spencer) Our Dover branch had it so I’ll get it next to read. 

The library had just received Whistler by Ann Patchett. I was lucky to get it and started it last night.


Today Astrid and Logan are dirt biking. It’s Logi’s favorite thing to do. They’re camped at Moab now. I’ve been watering her garden stuff. The sprinklers are not working well. I want her plants to live. Rain comes in tonight so if we get a good rain her stuff will be good til she returns.

 

No comments: