Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday

 

Yesterday I went through an old dresser drawer with hopes of throwing some stuff away.  Ingrid on my calendar from Shutterfly I had to keep. It says Faith can move mountains. And I didn’t trash Sigrid’s birthday card to Pop. Inside she drew a dog. Pop loved dogs and Sig wrote the sweetest message.

My coleus in my brother’s deer gut tub has really took off. Helen gave the old tub to me. This October 16th, she’ll be gone one year. I still miss her and I am resigned to continue the feeling the rest of my own life. Missing is remembering. Not missing is forgetting and I don’t even want to….

Today is Ada’s Harrison Library Run. I love her black patent boots! She selects a huge tote of books! Erin has trouble getting her to leave the shelves! Ada was reader of the month.  She read the most in her class! She clipped her award on her backpack💜

Be thankful if you can move with ease— such a blessing! I saw Sumac, American Beauty Bush, Day Flower, Poke Sallet, and Flowering Spurge on my morning walk! Sumac is a fascinating plant! Many are allergic to it! Its seeds are used as a spice, a dye, making teas! It has a lemony taste. It was once used to tan leather.   The Sumac plant is related to cashews.


A starter on Varsity Volleyball was injured and Greta (a sophomore) was moved up to play varsity. I got to watch her games on Hudl. She did great. Basketball season is coming up. Volleyball will be a memory. 


1 comment:

Margaret said...

I have a collection of cards--from my late husband, my mom, my daughters and John. I don't want to get rid of any of them! (but that drawer is getting full) Love that coleus! As you know, I'm a fan. We never stop missing our loved ones. They are part of who we are.