Thursday, July 1, 2010

Corn

I picked 2 wheel barrows full of corn. I have cut it off the cob and put it in the freezer. If it had rained it would have been even better. I took about 30 ears sacks to 6 of my neighbors and gave Laura several sacks for her to share with her friends. I left one row because Erin and Clayton are coming this weekend. We will pick it then.

I cut the corn off outside. Put a quart of corn in a GLASS bowl and microwaved for 3 minutes. Put that in a qt. freezer bag. Put that in cool ice water. Put in the freezer. It sure looks good. Daddy did not blanch his corn, but I was afraid to do that.

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

When I was a child in Missouri, my summers were all about the home-grown corn. Couldn't get enough of it.

Sister--Helen said...

I love corn...corn is what they use to fatten pigs