Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Green Forest 1910



My morning ritual is -- get up, start coffee, get my paper and then read the news. I always look at the Arkansas Post Card. Today it was Green Forest 1910. The bottom says--There was no traffic on the Carroll County rural hamlet's North Springfield Street. Mailed to Kansas City, MO. Goes on....Dear Friend, Well, I will try and answer your card today. We are all well. It is raining here today just like it was the last Sunday you were here. Tomato crop on full blast now. We have 25 jars of tomatoes canned now. Nellie helped us. Got the patterns all right. Much obliged.

Sisters, I am sure you will recognize the house on the left. I spent the night there.

4 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

well I know where it is

Anonymous said...

Well, dah, I should have said house on the left.

patsy said...

i don't remember who owned the house or who built it.

Galla Creek said...

His name was Frank Braswell.