Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Sometimes I surprise myself. I made this coconut pie yesterday. It was sooooooooo good. The meringue was what really made it delicious. I use 3 to 4 egg whites, start beating them with a little cream of tartar and a dash of salt. Next mix an 1/8 cup of water with a t of sugar and a level teaspoon of corn starch. Cook this in the microwave for about 30 seconds to thicken it. Pour this in the whipped up egg whites and add vanilla and about a fourth cup of sugar. Top the pie and bake at 350 degrees until brown. It makes a mile high meringue.

4 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

Looks pretty, tastes like calf slobbers.

Happy New Year!!

Sister--Helen said...

Calf's slobber where did this come from :-D

Sister--Helen said...

Calf's slobber where did this come from :-D

Galla Creek said...

I guess Sister Fleta does not like meringue.