Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh, Brother, I Remember You!

Once, about 20 years ago, when I stopped by to see Brother Richard, he gave me two iron wheels to use in my yard. I never found anything I could do with them and we threw them along a ditch at the edge of the Meadow where we have some other old throw aways!

I told Larry that I wanted one of those wheels put on top of a landscape timber to hang my bird feeders on. I told him this is what I wanted for my birthday. Well, on one of my morning strolls, I looked for the wheels and told him I guess they were lost as I could not spy them among the honeysuckle vines and poison ivy. He went over and came back with one. He mounted it upon top of an iron pipe, old and rusted like Richard's wheel. He finished it today and I absolutely love it. I am going to hang some sun catchers and a wind chime or two from the spokes. I want to get one more finch feeder, too. Now, he says maybe he can mount a wind vane on top of it. We will see. I love it as it is but a vane on top would sure look nice. The far away picture is from my chair on my porch.

I had a big snake crawl out from under my impatient pot right by my porch....that will be the next post. Helen if you get tired of all this posting just let me know. I can slow down. The hardest thing about retiring is remembering you don't have to hurry. You have the rest of your life. I have lived my life in a hurry, driven. Always something to get done today. I want my retirement to be the opposite.



No comments: