Monday, July 16, 2012

Sigrid Swims With Sharks

Friday, July 13, Siggie went to Patsy's old stomping grounds--Ozark, AR--for a swim meet. You can't tell at the meet how well she has done for she is swimming in a group that is 7 to 10 years old. Each swimmer is timed and then from that the winners for age groups are picked. She did really well and loves swimming. I told her to watch out for those fat girls as all that fat floats.

With 3 girls, Eric and Laura have to divide and conquer at times. Astrid was at a volleyball camp where she stayed over night at Tech. Eric had to stay home in case they called. You never know what will happen with a child. Sigrid and her mother were about 5 miles down I 40 when Siggie asked 'when is Dad coming?' Laura informed Sig that Dad would not be able to attend. To which Sigrid boldly asserted "I have to have SUPPORT" so she called her Pop and around they turned coming back to get him. I guess Sig knew he would love to see her perform. I got to tag along and while in Ozark there was a light rain to start the races cooling off the air. We had a grand time and ate at Clarkville Arby's on the way home...Siggie's favorite place to eat.

I looked all around for a large dormitory like place on the hills by the Arkansas River but I think all evidence of the Ozark Bible Institute is history!





No comments: