Sunday, July 22, 2012

Today is Sunday

Erin found this photo on one of the negatives in Ethel's box. It is me. A wedding shower that Ethel's family had for me. I can not remember much about it. It was almost 42 years ago, but I should remember. Someone gave me a radio, but I do not remember it at all.

Today is Sunday, Fleta. I will go soon to teach my adult Sunday school class. One thing I am going to do is talk about sayings folks think came from the Bible but they did not. One is cleanliness is next to Godliness. John Wesley used it in a sermon. Not from the Bible. But Fleta you are 'skin and bones'. Yelp, that one is from the Bible. The lesson is about Samuel, Saul and David. I am going to drive home the point that most leaders turn more and more evil over their time in office. Power brings corruption. I think Patsy liked Samuel in the Bible as she name Sam that. Samuel was an old man when Israel came to tell him they wanted a King as their God. He was 60. MAN, that thought rained on me at a young 62.

No comments: