Monday, November 30, 2020

Cold Rain

Phinnie and I couldn’t  walk around the Meadow yesterday because we were having a cold rain.  When I went on the back porch, I noticed these two hawks searching for something for their breakfast.  I imagined they were hoping to spot a field mouse or frog below.  Made me thankful for my breakfast inside my warm house.  I guess I'm on a diet because whatever I have for breakfast Phinnie wants part of it and he gets his wish!  

I'm wondering if these are Red-tailed hawks.  That's what Larry always called them but I don't see red tails, just a red chest.  What type of hawk are they?  They hunt the Meadow everyday.   I like watching them.  I’ve been trying to let my chickens out.   They might be eying them.  Oh, dear!

Helen said Dad called these chicken hawks, but that’s a catch all phrase.  Today, it’s cold only 34 degrees. Larry has been gone 9 months today.  It will be a sad day for I’m sure.



 

1 comment:

~Amy-Patsy said...

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-shouldered_Hawk/id#


This link may help you identify. ~Amy-Patsy