Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Taking Time To See


 This morning Phinnie and I walked almost an hour.  The trees are still lovely, but a few are dropping all their leaves.  The Sweet Gums still have color and the Oaks are golden brown.  The picture is of some of the trees on Crow Mountain.  The dark green trees are Pines.  The brown are likely Oak.  The purple trees in the foreground are my neighbors and they may be ornamental Pear.  I'm not sure about the yellow trees.  Maybe they are Elms.  I enjoy looking at all the different trees and identifying them.  

It has been a beautiful fall.  Today, it is 75 degrees and the sun is shining.  I appreciate the sunny days.  I am taking vitamin D and I like to sit in the sun if I can.   I sit in the chair Astrid brought for me.  It's very comfortable...a lounger.  

My yard is full of leaves.  I want to mow them like Pop did, but I want to wait until all the Maple leaves have fallen before I try it.  There is a thick carpet of leaves on the ground now.  I recall the O ak tree will not shed all it's leaves until almost spring so I will not wait until it is bare.  The Walnut and Persimmon trees have no leaves at all.  I put the wheel barrel under the Walnut trees and picked up the walnuts as they fell.  It made for a pretty easy job.  I dumped them at the edge of the yard so the squirrels have cart them off as they feel the need.  The last time I filled the wheel barrel, a smart squirrel was coming and getting them directly from the barrel!  Guess he thought, "how nice of that old lady to put these here together for me".  By the time I dumped that load it was mostly just walnut hulls.  The smart squirrel had retrieved the nuts.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Your trees are absolutely beautiful!!