Saturday, July 23, 2022

Cup Plant

Sister Helen holding a sunflower and Sister Patsy doing the same.  Old hands wither from age.  

This is a Cup Plant.  The second photo is of Sister Helen’s holding her bloom.  Hers may be a Sunflower.  Not sure but it looks like a cup plant too.  It’s of the Daisy family.  Cup plant gets its name from its leaves. The upper leaves grow in pairs that completely encircle the stem. The leaves are very sturdy for a wildflower and the paired leaves form a “cup” around the stem.


 

4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Very pretty!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love all yellow flowers! The second one maybe a Rudbeckia one called Indian Summer sometimes called a Black Eyed Susan. All are pretty!

Sister--Helen said...

I wonder if me and sis were about the same age when taken… I was wondering this when I decided to go take the pi’s I think toe and fleet need to take one also

Donna. W said...

This caused me to look at my own hands. Yep, they're withered too.